Welcome to the website of St Mary’s Episcopal Cathedral, the Mother Church of the Diocese of Edinburgh, and the only Cathedral in Scotland to maintain the tradition of daily Choral worship. With its three spires dominating Edinburgh’s western skyline, St Mary’s is Scotland’s largest Cathedral, and a renowned masterpiece of Victorian Gothic architecture. Designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott, the Cathedral was consecrated in 1879, and has been open daily for public and private prayer ever since.
Follow the links below for details of services and music and to read our magazine.
0800 Holy Communion (1929 Scottish Liturgy)
1030 Cathedral Eucharist (1982 Scottish Liturgy)
1530 Choral Evensong