Wed, 02 Aug|
St Mary's Cathedral
Festival Lunchtime Recital - Will Briant
A free lunchtime recital series running throughout August at St Mary's. Today's is given by organist Will Briant.
Time & Location
02 Aug, 13:00 – 13:45
St Mary's Cathedral , Palmerston Pl, Edinburgh EH12 5AW, UK
Free lunchtime recitals every day from 2nd to 31st August, except Sundays and 16th. An opportunity to hear emerging and established artists performing in a wide variety of styles, genres, and instruments. This long-running series is undoubtedly one of the hidden gems of the Fringe.
Will Briant | Organ
- Veni Creator (En taille à 5, Duo, Récit de Cromorne, Dialogue sur les Grands Jeux) - Nicolas de Grigy 1672-1703
- Adagio in E - Frank Bridge 1879-1941
- Prélude, Fugue et Variation - César Franck 1822-1890
- The Banks of Green Willow - George Butterworth 1885-1916
- Choral Varié sur le thème du Veni Creator - Maurice Duruflé 1902-1986
Will Briant is a freelance organist in Glasgow. While studying French and Russian at the University of Edinburgh, he was organ scholar at St Giles’ Cathedral and St Mary’s Episcopal Cathedral, Edinburgh. He studied the organ and harpsichord under Michel Bouvard and Jan Willem Jansen at the Conservatoire à Rayonnement Régional in Toulouse, France. He has performed solo recitals and as a choral accompanist across the UK, Latvia and France and regularly performs at Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow.